This module allows you to sell products, use them as consumables, and write them off along with performed services. In addition, it helps to calculate commissions for employees.
- Go to the Inventory menu at the left vertical menu, then the Product list.
- Click the + Add product button in the upper right corner.
- Enter the Product name, type or generate SKU and define the measure units.
- Following fields, Category, and Brand, let you arrange your products.
Turn on the Sales setup option to allow selling this product. Enter the retail price.
A product can be set as a consumable item during service realisations. It can be spent in the indicated whole units (litres, pieces) and in parts. To do this, define their ratio. For example, the product "Shampoo" is accounted in your warehouse in pieces, while each bottle contains 250 ml. This will be useful for more accurate write-offs.
Note: you cannot change these settings after the first operation with the product.
Add a new item to the warehouse in the Stock section. Enter Location, initial quantity, supply price, and supplier. Useful option Critical stock will let you know about the low stock quantity.
Product profile card
Here is a place to add product photos, to perform sales and stock movements. Also, here is an option to link this product to services as consumable in Flow sheets.
If your employees should get commissions for the sale of products, you can set it in a new or existing commission scheme.
Returning goods/cancelling transactions
When you make a sale of goods, three transactions are created in the system:
- Inventory reduction, displayed in the Inventory – Stocktake list.
- Cash inflow to the account. It can be found in the Finance – Money Transactions:
- Accruing commissions to the employee if the appropriate payment scheme is set up. To display all such operations, go to Staff – Commissions – Overview.
Cancelling one operation
These transactions can be cancelled separately, for example, if the wrong cash register was selected or the employee's commission should not have been charged. In each list of operations mentioned above, go to the one you need to cancel and find the Cancel Transaction button.
Cancelling all related operations
To cancel the sale of goods and roll back all three transactions, go to the sales list on the Inventory – Sales page, select the required operation, and choose Return a sale in the menu with three dots:
All three operations will be cancelled: writing off goods, crediting to the cash register, and commissions to the employee.