Employees are cornerstone system elements, serving as service providers, receiving salaries for their services, and earning percentages from product sales.
You can add employees through the Staff menu in the left vertical menu. On the Staff & Units page, click +Add new. Fill in the new user's details: name, surname, email, phone number, position, and work location.
- Go to the Staff at the left vertical menu
- At the opened Staff&Assets page, click the +Add new button:
- Enter all required information into this form, such as First Name, E-mail, Phone number, Position, Access level, and Department.
The email address provided is the primary identifier in the system and must be unique for each individual. After creating the profile, an invitation letter will be sent to the specified email. By following the link from the letter, the employee can supplement/modify their name and surname, phone number, set a password, and join the company. This email will be used for future system logins, and notifications and reminders will be sent to it.
Access level settings
In addition to the parameters described above, when creating an employee, it is necessary to regulate their security roles. EasyWeek provides several levels:
- Owner: Always full access to the system controls, analytics, staff commissions, and salaries. The owner assigns roles and grants access.
- Admin. Having fewer functions than the Owner, Admin manages its branch: clients, products, service settings, staff schedules, salaries, and grants access.
- User: can view own schedule and working hours.
Some role permissions for Admin and User roles are tunable. To customize it, follow the Staff – Permissions page. Here are both static and editable permissions for every role:
Employees cannot be completely removed from the system due to their association with bookings and analytical information. It remains accessible even after leaving the company. Deactivating is used to remove an employee from the widget and calendar and prevent their services from being booked.
Go to the user card on the Staff – Management – Staff&Units page. Click Edit and switch to Deactivated at the top of the page:
The employee remains on the blocked list but no longer participates in the company's work. In addition, one place in the tariff is freed up to add another user.
If necessary, they can be found on the All tab to unblock an employee and change the status to Active.
Currently, one email can belong to only one company, so in case of parting with an employee, it would be good practice to change their address in the system so that they can connect to another company using EasyWeek.
Your company may have another entity with a schedule besides workers. They are called "Assets" and also will have a place on this list. More about it is in this article.